Pranab Mukherjee lauds satellite launch- Another landmark in space programme
New Delhi: India will immensely benefit from the applications of the country`s second navigation satellite that was successfully placed into orbit Friday, said President Pranab Mukherjee.
In a message to ISRO chairman K. Radhakrishnan, President Mukherjee said: "My heartiest congratulations to you and your entire team at ISRO for the successful launch of PSLV-C24, carrying the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS)-1B."
"The launch marks an important landmark in our space programme and demonstrates, yet again, India`s capabilities in space launch technology.
The nation will immensely benefit from the applications of IRNSS which include terrestrial, aerial and marine navigation, disaster management, vehicle tracking and fleet management etc."
The Indian rocket carrying the satellite blasted off at 5.14 p.m. from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh, around 80 km north of Chennai
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda