President Pranab congratulates ISRO on successful rocket launch
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Monday congratulated ISRO on the successful launch of an Indian rocket that carried five foreign satellites. The achievement was a "significant milestone" in the progress of India`s space capabilities, he said.
In a message to K. Radhakrishnan, chairman of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Mukherjee congratulated him and his team for the successful launch of Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, PSLV-C23, carrying five satellites from four countries.
"The nation is proud of this important achievement which is a significant milestone in the progress of our space capabilities," he said.
"Kindly convey my greetings to the members of your team of scientists, engineers, technologists and all others associated with this great mission," the president said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!