President Pranab congratulates ISRO on successful rocket launch
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Monday congratulated ISRO on the successful launch of an Indian rocket that carried five foreign satellites. The achievement was a "significant milestone" in the progress of India`s space capabilities, he said.
In a message to K. Radhakrishnan, chairman of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Mukherjee congratulated him and his team for the successful launch of Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, PSLV-C23, carrying five satellites from four countries.
"The nation is proud of this important achievement which is a significant milestone in the progress of our space capabilities," he said.
"Kindly convey my greetings to the members of your team of scientists, engineers, technologists and all others associated with this great mission," the president said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler