Researchers return from `mock-up Mars` world after 4 months
Washington: Six researchers have come back to the real world after spending 4 months in a mock Mars habitat on a Hawaiian volcano Mauna Loa.
The expedition`s leader Casey Stedman, who spent the time in the 1,000 sq. ft. solar-powered dome, which included kitchen, dining room, bathroom with shower, lab and exercise space, with his 5 crew members, expressed that it was great to get back to real world, and to be able to have fresh food again.
Binsted added that had to deal with the disagreements one could face in such small space, and overcome their conflicts.
Kimberly Binsted, principal investigator of the HI-SEAS mission told ABC News that the project aimed at finding out the problems that crew members could actually face if they went to Mars.
Stedman said that though didn`t really have any arguments among themselves, they did disagree over some small issues which were even common when on a "family vacation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- F1 radio ban: FIA tightens rules on controversial communication rules before Hungarian GP
- Reduced oxygen can cause childhood heart disease
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors