Researchers return from `mock-up Mars` world after 4 months
Washington: Six researchers have come back to the real world after spending 4 months in a mock Mars habitat on a Hawaiian volcano Mauna Loa.
The expedition`s leader Casey Stedman, who spent the time in the 1,000 sq. ft. solar-powered dome, which included kitchen, dining room, bathroom with shower, lab and exercise space, with his 5 crew members, expressed that it was great to get back to real world, and to be able to have fresh food again.
Binsted added that had to deal with the disagreements one could face in such small space, and overcome their conflicts.
Kimberly Binsted, principal investigator of the HI-SEAS mission told ABC News that the project aimed at finding out the problems that crew members could actually face if they went to Mars.
Stedman said that though didn`t really have any arguments among themselves, they did disagree over some small issues which were even common when on a "family vacation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Assam CM-designate Sarbananda Sonowal thanks PM Narendra Modi on being elected as BJP legislature leader
- Congress backs Raghuram Rajan, says India ''going through a bad shape''
- Non-bailable warrant against BJP MP Manoj Tiwari, four others
- Bid rivals set to join forces for Tata Steel UK buyout: Report
- PM Narendra Modi calls for country to move towards cashless society