Robot-astronaut pays tribute to Neil Armstrong with message from ISS
Johannesburg: Pint-sized android `Kirobo` paid a cheeky tribute to Neil Armstrong by broadcasting a message from inside the International Space Station (ISS).
Kirobo said in a video that shows it wandering weightlessly on-board the ISS that on August 21 2013, a robot took one small step toward a brighter future for all, News24.com reported.
The humanoid creation greeted people on earth with a good morning, asserting that it was the world`s first talking robot astronaut.
Nice to meet you, it said in Japanese.
Kirobo is just 34cm tall and weighs about 1kg; it left Earth on August 4 on a cargo-carrying rocket, which was delivering supplies to the ISS.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video