`Russia can help ISS astronauts with rehabilitation`
Moscow: Russia is ready to offer its medical expertise in the post-flight rehabilitation of astronauts from partner countries on the International Space Station (ISS).
"We know how to rehabilitate astronauts [after a long duration space flight]. For Europeans and Americans, the problem is harder, they do not have this experience... And so we are ready to use everything we know to help, perhaps, to change the rehabilitation period of [foreign] astronauts," said Vladimir Popovkin, the head of Russian space agency Roscosomos Friday.
He explained that foreign astronauts usually fly home to their home countries directly after ending their space flight, which can sometimes cause problems for the astronauts.
"After such a long space flight, a normal flight home is a big problem. Maybe they should fly here [to Russia] for the fist two to three weeks for an extended rehabilitation period," he added.
Alexei Krasnov, head of manned flight programmes at Roscosmos, said earlier that the Federal Space Agency proposed that NASA missions increase the length of stay on the ISS from six months to nine months and in the long term, to extend the stay in orbit to one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack