Russia developing manned space programme to replace ISS
St Petersburg: Russia is developing a national programme of manned space explorations which will replace the International Space Station (ISS) programme after 2020, the Russian federal space agency, Roscosmos, said Thursday.
"The development of the national strategy of manned spaceflight is under way now. Along with the Russian Academy of Sciences and the industrial sector, we are preparing a certain concept beyond the ISS," Roscosmos Deputy Chief Sergei Savelyev told reporters at the 18th St Petersburg International Economic Forum.
China and the European Space Agency, he added, were seen as the potential partners in the new strategy, but the key role would belong to Russia, according to Xinhua.
Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, who is in charge of space and defence sectors, said earlier in the week that Moscow had no plans to extend the operation of the ISS beyond 2020, though the US had proposed to extend ISS cooperation past that year.
On Tuesday, Rogozin also threatened that from June 1 Moscow would shut down 11 US global positioning system (GPS) base stations on Russian territory in response to Washington`s anti-Russia sanctions and its refusal to plant Russian Glonass ground base stations on US territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof