Russia launches 20 carrier rockets in 2009
Moscow: Russia has launched 20 carrier rockets since the beginning of the year, which beats last year`s average monthly rate, an analysis of which will be discussed at a meeting today to be chaired by Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
The meeting will discuss restructuring of the rocket and space industry and focus on creation of an effective mechanism for improving the state of the industry, the
government press service has said.
By 2016, an integrated research centre will be created in the industry and a corporation will be established to build automatic spacecraft and ground-based control systems.
"After 2016, the structure of the rocket and space industry will comprise up to six big corporations, self-sufficient in the production of certain space equipment and competitive on the world space market," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?