Russia launches 20 carrier rockets in 2009
Moscow: Russia has launched 20 carrier rockets since the beginning of the year, which beats last year`s average monthly rate, an analysis of which will be discussed at a meeting today to be chaired by Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
The meeting will discuss restructuring of the rocket and space industry and focus on creation of an effective mechanism for improving the state of the industry, the
government press service has said.
By 2016, an integrated research centre will be created in the industry and a corporation will be established to build automatic spacecraft and ground-based control systems.
"After 2016, the structure of the rocket and space industry will comprise up to six big corporations, self-sufficient in the production of certain space equipment and competitive on the world space market," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning