Russia launches cluster of four satellites
Moscow: Russia Saturday launched a rocket with a Cosmos class military satellite and three civilian satellites on board, spokesperson Col. Alexey Zolotukhin said.
The rocket blasted off from the Plesetsk space centre in northern Russia at 5.35 a.m.
The civilian payload includes two Gonets-M telecoms satellites and a MiR scientific microsatellite.
The satellites were put into designated orbits at 7.21 a.m., as scheduled.
The classified military satellite will join a Russian network of about 70 military reconnaissance satellites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez