Russia launches European telecom satellite
Moscow: A Russian launch vehicle carrying an SES-6 telecommunications satellite Monday lifted off from Kazakhstan`s Baikonur space centre.
“The launch took place at the scheduled time - 01.18 p.m. Moscow time (09.18 GMT),” a Khrunichev space company spokesperson said Monday.
“The separation of the SES-6 satellite from the Briz-M booster is expected in 15.5 hours, at 04.49 Moscow time (00.49 GMT) Tuesday,” he said.
Built by Astrium for global satellite operator SES World Skies on Eurostar 3000 platform, the SES-6 is equipped with 43 C-band and 48 Ku-band transponders and has a service life of 15 years.
The satellite will enable the delivery of next generation broadcast services, including HD video distribution and mobile services, to customers in North America, Latin America, Europe and the Atlantic region, the SES said on its website.
SES-6 will be the 53rd satellite in SES` global fleet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi