Russia launches manned spacecraft to ISS
Moscow: Russia launched its manned spacecraft Wednesday from the Baikonur space centre in Kazakhstan, Xinhua reported.
According to the country`s Federal Space Agency Roscosmos, the Russian spacecraft -- Soyuz TMA-07M -- carrying a three-member crew blasted off to the International Space Station (ISS).
The expedition is expected to do a large amount of work, including two spacewalks. The research programme in the Russian segment alone includes 37 experiments, it added.
Live webcast from Roscosmos showed the spaceship, carrying Russian cosmonaut Roman Romanenko, Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield, and US astronaut Tomas Marshburn, was launched at 4.12 p.m. (1212 GMT) Wednesday from the space centre.
The spacecraft is scheduled to dock with the ISS at 6.12 p.m. (1412 GMT) Friday, said the Roscosmos.
Romanenko has been named commander of the new mission on the ISS.
During their 147-day mission, the new ISS crew members will also take part in docking and unloading six spacecraft -- four Russian Progress cargo spacecraft, Europe`s ATV-4 space freighter and US SpX-2 spacecraft, RIA Novosti reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Gujjars revive agitation for 5% quota in jobs, block rail track
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now