Russia launches military satellite
Moscow: Russia Wednesday successfully put a military satellite into orbit, an official said.
The Proton-M rocket, carrying the Briz-M orbiter, was launched from the Baikonur space centre in Kazakhstan.
The satellite was put into orbit at 0748 GMT, Xinhua reported quoting Col. Alexei Zolotukhin, spokesman for the Russian defence ministry space forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account