Russia launches US satellite
Moscow: Russia launched a 5,600-kg US communications satellite Sunday from a seaborne launch platform in the Pacific Ocean, Xinhua reported.
According to Russian federal space agency Roscosmos, the Russian Zenit-3SL rocket carrying a US communications satellite - Intelsat-21 - was launched Sunday from the Odyssey floating platform.
Intelsat-21 is designed to operate for 15 years. Founded in 1995, the Sea Launch consortium is made up by four companies from Norway, Russia, Ukraine and the US. The Russian company holds 95 percent of the shares.
The launch was initially scheduled for Saturday but was postponed due to technical problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested