Russia launches US satellite
Moscow: Russia launched a 5,600-kg US communications satellite Sunday from a seaborne launch platform in the Pacific Ocean, Xinhua reported.
According to Russian federal space agency Roscosmos, the Russian Zenit-3SL rocket carrying a US communications satellite - Intelsat-21 - was launched Sunday from the Odyssey floating platform.
Intelsat-21 is designed to operate for 15 years. Founded in 1995, the Sea Launch consortium is made up by four companies from Norway, Russia, Ukraine and the US. The Russian company holds 95 percent of the shares.
The launch was initially scheduled for Saturday but was postponed due to technical problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhuri Dixit finds 'Housefull 3' cast 'awesome'!
- Bipasha Basu just shared vignettes of 'mad love' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'! – View pics
- IPL 2016, final: Five reasons why SunRisers Hyderabad will be no match for Virat Kohli and co
- Sharing stage with Madhuri Dixit, 'a moment to cherish forever' for Lisa Haydon!
- Karan Johar visits 'Befikre' sets, gets emotional cherishing 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' days!