Russia launches US satellite
Moscow: Russia launched a 5,600-kg US communications satellite Sunday from a seaborne launch platform in the Pacific Ocean, Xinhua reported.
According to Russian federal space agency Roscosmos, the Russian Zenit-3SL rocket carrying a US communications satellite - Intelsat-21 - was launched Sunday from the Odyssey floating platform.
Intelsat-21 is designed to operate for 15 years. Founded in 1995, the Sea Launch consortium is made up by four companies from Norway, Russia, Ukraine and the US. The Russian company holds 95 percent of the shares.
The launch was initially scheduled for Saturday but was postponed due to technical problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill