Russia readies space freighter launch
Moscow: A Soyuz-U rocket carrying a Progress M-19M cargo spacecraft was brought to the launch site of the Baikonur space center in Kazakhstan Monday and installed on the launch pad, Russia`s Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) said.
The launch of the Soyuz-U carrier rocket and Progress M-19M space freighter is scheduled for Wednesday.
The Progress space freighter will deliver over 2.5 tonnes of cargo to the International Space Station, including payloads for the crew`s work, fuel for the space station, food supplies, water and oxygen for cosmonauts and astronauts.
The space station`s crew comprises Russian cosmonauts Pavel Vinogradov, Roman Romanenko and Alexander Misurkin, NASA astronauts Thomas Marshburn and Christopher Cassidy, and also Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’