Russia readies space freighter launch
Moscow: A Soyuz-U rocket carrying a Progress M-19M cargo spacecraft was brought to the launch site of the Baikonur space center in Kazakhstan Monday and installed on the launch pad, Russia`s Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) said.
The launch of the Soyuz-U carrier rocket and Progress M-19M space freighter is scheduled for Wednesday.
The Progress space freighter will deliver over 2.5 tonnes of cargo to the International Space Station, including payloads for the crew`s work, fuel for the space station, food supplies, water and oxygen for cosmonauts and astronauts.
The space station`s crew comprises Russian cosmonauts Pavel Vinogradov, Roman Romanenko and Alexander Misurkin, NASA astronauts Thomas Marshburn and Christopher Cassidy, and also Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song