Russia to launch ESA satellites Sunday
Moscow: A Russian launcher will put several European Space Agency (ESA) satellites into orbit Dec 17 from the Kourou space port in French Guiana, Russia`s Federal Space Agency Roscosmos said Monday.
The Soyuz ST-A will orbit Pleades and SSoT satellites, as well as four Elisa microsatellites. The rocket was delivered to the launch pad Monday morning. The lift off is slated for 2.03 a.m. GMT.
The first Soyuz launcher took off from Europe`s Spaceport in French Guiana Oct 21.
Soyuz is a medium-class launcher. Its performance perfectly complements that of the ESA launchers Ariane and Vega and increases the competitiveness and flexibility of the exploitation of Ariane launchers in the commercial market, ESA stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly