Russia to launch ESA satellites Sunday
Moscow: A Russian launcher will put several European Space Agency (ESA) satellites into orbit Dec 17 from the Kourou space port in French Guiana, Russia`s Federal Space Agency Roscosmos said Monday.
The Soyuz ST-A will orbit Pleades and SSoT satellites, as well as four Elisa microsatellites. The rocket was delivered to the launch pad Monday morning. The lift off is slated for 2.03 a.m. GMT.
The first Soyuz launcher took off from Europe`s Spaceport in French Guiana Oct 21.
Soyuz is a medium-class launcher. Its performance perfectly complements that of the ESA launchers Ariane and Vega and increases the competitiveness and flexibility of the exploitation of Ariane launchers in the commercial market, ESA stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?