Russia to launch ESA satellites Sunday
Moscow: A Russian launcher will put several European Space Agency (ESA) satellites into orbit Dec 17 from the Kourou space port in French Guiana, Russia`s Federal Space Agency Roscosmos said Monday.
The Soyuz ST-A will orbit Pleades and SSoT satellites, as well as four Elisa microsatellites. The rocket was delivered to the launch pad Monday morning. The lift off is slated for 2.03 a.m. GMT.
The first Soyuz launcher took off from Europe`s Spaceport in French Guiana Oct 21.
Soyuz is a medium-class launcher. Its performance perfectly complements that of the ESA launchers Ariane and Vega and increases the competitiveness and flexibility of the exploitation of Ariane launchers in the commercial market, ESA stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics
- US mother thrashes daughter on Facebook Live –Know why
- Anuja Chauhan's next novel to be about men in uniform