Russia to send `stress-relief` software to ISS
Mexico City: A flash drive with stress-relief software for crew members of the International Space Station (ISS) will be taken to space by Russian cosmonaut Fyodor Yurchikhin soon.
The software was designed by the Russian Union of Nature Photographers, with the assistance of the Federation Council, the upper chamber of the Russian parliament.
According to Oleg Panteleyev, who along with other members of the upper chamber assisted the project, said the software is, in fact, a slideshow of thousands of photographs of nature, accompanied by relaxing music.
“Most importantly, photographs will be synchronized with the current position of the ISS. If the space station flies, for example, above Canada, the software will display Canadian landscapes, as well as birds and animals native to the area. When the ISS is above the Far East, cosmonauts’ personal monitors will show images of Far Eastern flora and fauna,” Panteleyev told RIA Novosti Thursday.
“We are convinced that such programme will be very useful for astronauts, who are unable to see terrestrial landscapes for months, and of course, miss it,” he added.
Yurchikhin, along with Karen Nyberg of the US and Luca Parmitano of Italy, will fly to space onboard the Soyuz TMA-09M spacecraft May 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says