Russian astronauts take spacewalk at ISS
Cape Canaveral (Florida): Two space station astronauts are taking care of a little maintenance outside their orbiting home.
Russian flight engineers Fyodor Yurchikhin and Alexander Misurkin floated out of the International Space Station today morning. The spacewalkers will replace valves, install clamps and retrieve science experiments. Some of the work will pave the way for the arrival of a new Russian compartment later this year.
This is the third spacewalk conducted so far this year. Today`s excursion is under the direction of Russian Mission Control outside Moscow.
The four other space station residents monitored the action from inside.
Yurchikhin arrived at the space station just a few weeks ago. Misurkin has been on board since March.
The crew includes three Russians, two Americans and one Italian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31