Russian space agency names next crew to ISS
Moscow: Russian space agency Roscosmos has named the next crew members who will fly to the International Space Station (ISS) Nov 14.
The Soyuz TMA-22 spacecraft will bring Russian cosmonauts Anton Shkaplerov and Anatoly Ivanishin and American astronaut Daniel Burbank to the ISS for a 124-day-long mission, Xinhua reported.
Russia`s Gennady Padalka and Sergei Revin and American Josef Akaba have been announced as the backup crew.
Roscosmos said the new crew will host one manned and three unmanned cargo ships during their stay at the ISS and conduct a space-walk as well as 37 scientific experiments.
During the new crew`s stay, the ISS would also make its 75,000th revolution around the Earth, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- IPL 9 Video: This is how Kolkata Knight Riders thank supportive fans!
- Delhi-NCR emerges leader in job creation among 8 cities
- Rahul Gandhi holds 'Mashal Juloos' protest against AAP govt; attempts to corner PM Modi
- We have alternative for Finmeccanica's torpedos: Manohar Parrikar