Russian space agency names next crew to ISS
Moscow: Russian space agency Roscosmos has named the next crew members who will fly to the International Space Station (ISS) Nov 14.
The Soyuz TMA-22 spacecraft will bring Russian cosmonauts Anton Shkaplerov and Anatoly Ivanishin and American astronaut Daniel Burbank to the ISS for a 124-day-long mission, Xinhua reported.
Russia`s Gennady Padalka and Sergei Revin and American Josef Akaba have been announced as the backup crew.
Roscosmos said the new crew will host one manned and three unmanned cargo ships during their stay at the ISS and conduct a space-walk as well as 37 scientific experiments.
During the new crew`s stay, the ISS would also make its 75,000th revolution around the Earth, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’