Russian space industry to merge into holdings
Moscow: A structural reform of Russia`s space industry will see its numerous enterprises united into five or six large holdings, according to Federal Space Agency chief Vladimir Popovkin said.
The reform should make the troubled industry more manageable, Popovkin said after a governmental meeting in Moscow.
The draft list of industries to get separate holdings includes orbital spacecraft development, in-orbit operation, guidance systems, scientific research, testing and strategic rocketry, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin also said Monday.
The centralisation may be taken a step further, with the Federal Space Agency, Russia`s analogue of NASA, transformed into a state corporation that would replace the prospective holdings, Popovkin said.
The government considered creating a single "space corporation" for three years before deeming the idea ineffective, said Rogozin, who oversees defence and space industries.
But Popovkin said the idea may be revitalised depending on the performance of the upcoming holdings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: Check out features and specifications
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!
- Child swept away in water, parts of Malda face flood fury
- A Flying Jatt movie review: Tiger Shroff as a desi superhero is adorable enough to emerge as children's favourite