Russian space industry to merge into holdings
Moscow: A structural reform of Russia`s space industry will see its numerous enterprises united into five or six large holdings, according to Federal Space Agency chief Vladimir Popovkin said.
The reform should make the troubled industry more manageable, Popovkin said after a governmental meeting in Moscow.
The draft list of industries to get separate holdings includes orbital spacecraft development, in-orbit operation, guidance systems, scientific research, testing and strategic rocketry, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin also said Monday.
The centralisation may be taken a step further, with the Federal Space Agency, Russia`s analogue of NASA, transformed into a state corporation that would replace the prospective holdings, Popovkin said.
The government considered creating a single "space corporation" for three years before deeming the idea ineffective, said Rogozin, who oversees defence and space industries.
But Popovkin said the idea may be revitalised depending on the performance of the upcoming holdings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling