Russian `space troops` not prepared for alien invasion: Official
London: A Russian defence official has reportedly said that the country`s Aerospace Defence Troops, or ` space troops` are not geared up if aliens strike the planet.
The deputy chief of Russia`s Titov Main Test and Space Systems Control Centre, Sergey Berezhnoy said that so far the center is not prepared to fight extraterrestrial civilizations .
According to the Independent, the Russian Space Forces were established initially in August 10, 1992 after the break-up of the Soviet Union and was replaced in 2011 by the Russian Aerospace Defence Forces.
Berezhnoy further said that there are many problems on Earth and near it and the center was not tasked with it.
As this branch of the Russian military is responsible for air and missile defence and the operation of military satellites, one of its tasks is also monitoring space objects and the identification of potential threats to the Russian Federation in space and from space, prevention of attacks as needed.
Meanwhile, the US government`s shutdown has also affected operations of the NASA, who have taken their activities offline till the budget issue is resolved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened