Russian spaceship ready to dock with ISS again
Moscow: Russian cargo spaceship Progress M-06M which failed to dock with the International Space Station (ISS) Friday is ready for yet another attempt Sunday.
The orbit of the spaceship will be adjusted twice to ensure a successful docking, a source at the Mission Control Center said.
Friday`s docking for the Progress M-06M, which blasted off from the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan Wednesday, has been aborted due to a loss of telemetry.
Flight controllers reported the re-supply craft flew past the ISS. The spacecraft was about 2 km from the station when the system received a signal to stop approaching the ISS.
The source said the Progress M-06M had been transferred into the rotation mode that makes the active operation impossible. This mode helps charge the spacecraft`s battery since the Progress entered the shadow zone.
Vitaly Davydov, a deputy chief of the Russian Federal Space Agency, earlier said that the orbit currently occupied by Progress spacecraft did not allow controlling the spacecraft`s flight.
The new docking attempt will be again carried out in the automated mode, he added.
The space freighter launched on a Soyuz-U carrier rocket carries fuel, oxygen, scientific equipment and video and photo equipment to the ISS, as well as food, water and personal items for the 6-men crew of the orbital station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH