Satellite navigation systems act as guide both in space and on Earth
Washington: Satellite navigation systems are used by spacecraft – like Europe`s ATV – for guidance in orbit, but they also help mobile-phone users figure out where they are based on their position relative to the satellites.
These location-centric services round out the experience by bringing in relevant local information – about shops, public transit or weather.
Europe’s Galileo satnav system, built for civil use, is based on 30 satellites and a ground control network, and can define your position precisely to within a few metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what