Satellite navigation systems act as guide both in space and on Earth
Washington: Satellite navigation systems are used by spacecraft – like Europe`s ATV – for guidance in orbit, but they also help mobile-phone users figure out where they are based on their position relative to the satellites.
These location-centric services round out the experience by bringing in relevant local information – about shops, public transit or weather.
Europe’s Galileo satnav system, built for civil use, is based on 30 satellites and a ground control network, and can define your position precisely to within a few metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report