Satellite navigation systems act as guide both in space and on Earth
Washington: Satellite navigation systems are used by spacecraft – like Europe`s ATV – for guidance in orbit, but they also help mobile-phone users figure out where they are based on their position relative to the satellites.
These location-centric services round out the experience by bringing in relevant local information – about shops, public transit or weather.
Europe’s Galileo satnav system, built for civil use, is based on 30 satellites and a ground control network, and can define your position precisely to within a few metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Cow vigilantism? Man heckled in Mumbai on suspicion of carrying bag made of cowhide
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today