Satellite navigation systems act as guide both in space and on Earth
Washington: Satellite navigation systems are used by spacecraft – like Europe`s ATV – for guidance in orbit, but they also help mobile-phone users figure out where they are based on their position relative to the satellites.
These location-centric services round out the experience by bringing in relevant local information – about shops, public transit or weather.
Europe’s Galileo satnav system, built for civil use, is based on 30 satellites and a ground control network, and can define your position precisely to within a few metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE