Scientists find ‘extraterrestrial life’ in Earth`s atmosphere
London: A balloon having extra-terrestrial particles landed in West Yorkshire city, Wakefield.
The city, famed for producing the pink vegetable, was the landing site of the balloon, which brought back the extra-terrestrial particles after a trip to the edge of space, the Mirror reported.
Molecular biologist Prof Milton Wainwright, who led the project, said that the findings could be revolutionary.
He said that people may assume that the biological particles went up from Earth but a particle of that size could not have lifted to such heights.
The balloon, which was launched near Chester by the Sheffield University team, was carrying sensors that became exposed only after the balloon reached the height of about 14 - 17 miles above the Earth.
When the balloon touched in Wakefield, it picked up an algae fragment and `biological entities` which is of unusual size.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy