See image of Orion Nebula – a stellar nursery 1,500 light years
Zee Media Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
New Delhi: NASA has released a stunning picture of the Orion Nebula which was constructed using infrared data from the Spitzer Space Telescope.
The false-color view spans about 40 light-years across the stellar nursery, situated 1,500 light years away, and highlights the level of cosmic activity in the nebula with hues of red, green and yellow.
“Compared to its visual wavelength appearance, the brightest portion of the nebula is likewise centered on Orion`s young, massive, hot stars, known as the Trapezium Cluster. But the infrared image also detects the nebula`s many protostars, still in the process of formation, seen in red hues,” said NASA.
“In fact, red spots along the dark dusty filament to the left of the bright cluster include the protostar cataloged as HOPS 68, recently found to have crystals of the silicate mineral olivine within its protostellar envelope.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read