See the first full moon of 2014 rise on Wednesday night
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Skygazers are in for a treat as the first full moon of 2014 will rise on Wednesday at 11:52 p.m. EST.
This moon is also called as “mini moon” or “micro moon”.
The “mini moon” will occur 2 hours and 59 minutes after the moon reaches its greatest distance from Earth (Apogee) at 252,607 miles around 8:53 p.m. EST. Because of this fact, the moon will also appear to be smallest of the year.
This year`s moon will appear only 29’ 23” in size on Wednesday night at the time of moonrise, which is very close to its minimum possible value of 29’ 18”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre