Shuttle Endeavour’s final journey to LA Museum delayed
Los Angeles: The US space shuttle Endeavour’s final journey towards museum, trekking down through the streets of Los Angeles was delayed on Sunday due to certain glitches.
The problems included longer than expected maintenance of the rig carrying the shuttle and physical obstacles within the shuttle`s wingspan including light posts, building edges, and most of all trees.
It is expected that the spacecraft will reach the California Science Museum around 6 am PDT Sunday.
It was originally expected to arrive early Saturday evening, but it hit repeated delays throughout the day.
The Endeavour was towed out of Los Angeles International Airport early Friday and by Saturday morning it was 90 minutes ahead of schedule. But accumulated hurdles and hiccups caused it to run hours behind the schedule, at day`s end.
Thousands of people watching along the streets remained peaceful and their mood at times, seemed festive. Police report they haven`t made a single arrest.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics