Shuttle Endeavour’s final journey to LA Museum delayed
Los Angeles: The US space shuttle Endeavour’s final journey towards museum, trekking down through the streets of Los Angeles was delayed on Sunday due to certain glitches.
The problems included longer than expected maintenance of the rig carrying the shuttle and physical obstacles within the shuttle`s wingspan including light posts, building edges, and most of all trees.
It is expected that the spacecraft will reach the California Science Museum around 6 am PDT Sunday.
It was originally expected to arrive early Saturday evening, but it hit repeated delays throughout the day.
The Endeavour was towed out of Los Angeles International Airport early Friday and by Saturday morning it was 90 minutes ahead of schedule. But accumulated hurdles and hiccups caused it to run hours behind the schedule, at day`s end.
Thousands of people watching along the streets remained peaceful and their mood at times, seemed festive. Police report they haven`t made a single arrest.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'