Simulation used to test Mars technology
Zaragoza: An April 4-7 simulation of a manned mission to Mars provided the opportunity for successful tests of some of the technology needed for such an ambitious undertaking, Spanish scientists said.
Participants in Mars Spanish Mission 0, carried out in the semi-arid Los Monegros region, discussed the simulation at a press conference here in Zaragoza.
The exercise was preparation for another simulation to be conducted next year in the Utah desert under the auspices of the Laboratory for Experimentation in Space and Microgravity and the Spanish chapter of The Mars Society, an organization founded in 1998 by NASA engineers and scientists.
"Our objective is to advance in this type of mission, because the voyage to Mars is something very complex, apart from being expensive, and requires the involvement of all countries," simulation coordinator Juan Antonio Fernandez said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state