Singapore, ISRO to launch TeLEOS-1 satellite in 2015
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Singapore: Singapore`s first commercial satellite TeLEOS-1 will be launched into orbit on an Indian Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) next year.
TeLEOS-1, developed by Singapore Technologies Electronics, will be launched by Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) PSLV at the near equatorial orbit at a height of 550-km above the Earth for taking images for maritime security and shipping.
TeLEOS-1, weighing about 400 kg is now said to be in the final stages of development.
ISRO`s commercial arm Antrix Corporation Limited, has signed agreements with a Singapore agency, Singapore Technologies Electronics Ltd and a British firm on January 29 for launching satellites from UK and Singapore on-board ISRO’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV), said ISRO sources.
While TeLEOS-1 is equipped with an electro-optical camera capable of capturing images at ground resolution of one metre, imagery from the satellite is expected to be commercially available in the first half of 2016.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata