Soyuz docks with space station
A Soyuz spacecraft carrying two Russians cosmonauts and an American astronaut has successfully docked with the International Space Station after a two-day voyage.
The arrival of NASA astronaut Kevin Ford and Russians Oleg Novitsky and Yevgeny Tarelkin today will bring to six the size of the crew at the orbiting outpost.
The trio blasted off Tuesday from a Russian-leased facility in the southern Kazakhstan town of Baikonur.
Cargo on the Soyuz includes 32 Guppy-like fish that will be used to test how conditions in space impact on living organisms.
A spacewalk to repair a minor ammonia leak from the station`s temperature control system is planned for the coming days.
Another task for the incoming crew`s first week in orbit will be the departure of a commercial Dragon cargo vehicle.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Veerappan movie review: Brilliant camerawork engages you
- Green tea or black tea - Which is better in summer?
- Indian History gives way to Marx, Hitler in Tripura textbooks
- Delhi HC puts on hold JNU action against Umar, Anirban
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 2: GL vs SRH – 5 facts you must know ahead of virtual semi-final