Soyuz docks with space station
A Soyuz spacecraft carrying two Russians cosmonauts and an American astronaut has successfully docked with the International Space Station after a two-day voyage.
The arrival of NASA astronaut Kevin Ford and Russians Oleg Novitsky and Yevgeny Tarelkin today will bring to six the size of the crew at the orbiting outpost.
The trio blasted off Tuesday from a Russian-leased facility in the southern Kazakhstan town of Baikonur.
Cargo on the Soyuz includes 32 Guppy-like fish that will be used to test how conditions in space impact on living organisms.
A spacewalk to repair a minor ammonia leak from the station`s temperature control system is planned for the coming days.
Another task for the incoming crew`s first week in orbit will be the departure of a commercial Dragon cargo vehicle.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state