Soyuz docks with space station
A Soyuz spacecraft carrying two Russians cosmonauts and an American astronaut has successfully docked with the International Space Station after a two-day voyage.
The arrival of NASA astronaut Kevin Ford and Russians Oleg Novitsky and Yevgeny Tarelkin today will bring to six the size of the crew at the orbiting outpost.
The trio blasted off Tuesday from a Russian-leased facility in the southern Kazakhstan town of Baikonur.
Cargo on the Soyuz includes 32 Guppy-like fish that will be used to test how conditions in space impact on living organisms.
A spacewalk to repair a minor ammonia leak from the station`s temperature control system is planned for the coming days.
Another task for the incoming crew`s first week in orbit will be the departure of a commercial Dragon cargo vehicle.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30