Space station cosmonauts to make 3D photo report
Moscow: The crew members at the International Space Station (ISS) will make a photo report about life onboard the orbital complex, with a 3D camera sent by Russian news agency RIA Novosti.
"Russian cosmonauts Gennady Padalka and Sergei Revin who on Tuesday left for the ISS onboard Soyuz TMA-04M space shuttle, took a special stereo camera to make a 3D report about their life and work on the orbital complex," said Vladimir Baranov, chief of the news agency`s image department.
The camera is a FujiFilm Real 3D W3 with dual lens and twin 10-megapixel CCD technology. It not only captures 10-megapixel 3D photos, but is also the world`s first digital camera that can capture 3D HD movies.
The photos captured during this ISS mission will be delivered back to Earth by the previous 31st ISS crew, which will return June 1.
The camera itself will never get back to Earth. "Most likely, it will remain onboard the ISS and, perhaps, be used by future crews," Baranov said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’