Space Station getting extra storage room
Cape Canaveral: The International Space Station is getting an extra storage room.
Space shuttle Discovery delivered the new compartment over the weekend.
The orbiting astronauts will install the 21-foot-long chamber Tuesday morning. It`s loaded with supplies as well as a humanoid robot that will be tested as a potential astronaut helper.
The Italian-built chamber is named Leonardo, after Leonardo da Vinci. It flew seven times to the space station as a temporary cargo carrier. This time, it`s staying.
Discovery`s last flight will last an extra day. Mission Control radioed up the news following Monday`s spacewalk. The 12-day mission will now end next Tuesday. Once Discovery lands, it will be retired and put in a museum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- No respite from flood situation in UP, Bihar; schools closed in Allahabad, Varanasi
- India's private airlines request govt to allow them skip Pakistani airspace
- Actor-politician Ramya says 'Pakistan not hell', faces sedition charge
- After NEET, govt works on National Authority for Testing for engineering admissions
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport