Space Station getting extra storage room
Cape Canaveral: The International Space Station is getting an extra storage room.
Space shuttle Discovery delivered the new compartment over the weekend.
The orbiting astronauts will install the 21-foot-long chamber Tuesday morning. It`s loaded with supplies as well as a humanoid robot that will be tested as a potential astronaut helper.
The Italian-built chamber is named Leonardo, after Leonardo da Vinci. It flew seven times to the space station as a temporary cargo carrier. This time, it`s staying.
Discovery`s last flight will last an extra day. Mission Control radioed up the news following Monday`s spacewalk. The 12-day mission will now end next Tuesday. Once Discovery lands, it will be retired and put in a museum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons