Space Station getting extra storage room
Cape Canaveral: The International Space Station is getting an extra storage room.
Space shuttle Discovery delivered the new compartment over the weekend.
The orbiting astronauts will install the 21-foot-long chamber Tuesday morning. It`s loaded with supplies as well as a humanoid robot that will be tested as a potential astronaut helper.
The Italian-built chamber is named Leonardo, after Leonardo da Vinci. It flew seven times to the space station as a temporary cargo carrier. This time, it`s staying.
Discovery`s last flight will last an extra day. Mission Control radioed up the news following Monday`s spacewalk. The 12-day mission will now end next Tuesday. Once Discovery lands, it will be retired and put in a museum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year