Space Station getting extra storage room
Cape Canaveral: The International Space Station is getting an extra storage room.
Space shuttle Discovery delivered the new compartment over the weekend.
The orbiting astronauts will install the 21-foot-long chamber Tuesday morning. It`s loaded with supplies as well as a humanoid robot that will be tested as a potential astronaut helper.
The Italian-built chamber is named Leonardo, after Leonardo da Vinci. It flew seven times to the space station as a temporary cargo carrier. This time, it`s staying.
Discovery`s last flight will last an extra day. Mission Control radioed up the news following Monday`s spacewalk. The 12-day mission will now end next Tuesday. Once Discovery lands, it will be retired and put in a museum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre