Space tourism won`t hurt environment: Richard Branson
Melbourne: Richard Branson has said that his firm Virgin Galactic`s rocket-powered space tourism flights will have only a minor impact on the climate change.
The billionaire businessman said that his team reduced the carbon emission of somebody going into space from something like two weeks of New York`s electricity supply to less than the cost of a economy round-trip from Singapore to London.
He said that his new technology could dramatically reduce the carbon output and that is the challenge that his team have set.
Branson asserted that the SS2`s lightweight carbon-fibre body will also "reduce fuel burn dramatically."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan