Space tourism won`t hurt environment: Richard Branson
Melbourne: Richard Branson has said that his firm Virgin Galactic`s rocket-powered space tourism flights will have only a minor impact on the climate change.
The billionaire businessman said that his team reduced the carbon emission of somebody going into space from something like two weeks of New York`s electricity supply to less than the cost of a economy round-trip from Singapore to London.
He said that his new technology could dramatically reduce the carbon output and that is the challenge that his team have set.
Branson asserted that the SS2`s lightweight carbon-fibre body will also "reduce fuel burn dramatically."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India