Space tourism won`t hurt environment: Richard Branson
Melbourne: Richard Branson has said that his firm Virgin Galactic`s rocket-powered space tourism flights will have only a minor impact on the climate change.
The billionaire businessman said that his team reduced the carbon emission of somebody going into space from something like two weeks of New York`s electricity supply to less than the cost of a economy round-trip from Singapore to London.
He said that his new technology could dramatically reduce the carbon output and that is the challenge that his team have set.
Branson asserted that the SS2`s lightweight carbon-fibre body will also "reduce fuel burn dramatically."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'