Space tourism won`t hurt environment: Richard Branson
Melbourne: Richard Branson has said that his firm Virgin Galactic`s rocket-powered space tourism flights will have only a minor impact on the climate change.
The billionaire businessman said that his team reduced the carbon emission of somebody going into space from something like two weeks of New York`s electricity supply to less than the cost of a economy round-trip from Singapore to London.
He said that his new technology could dramatically reduce the carbon output and that is the challenge that his team have set.
Branson asserted that the SS2`s lightweight carbon-fibre body will also "reduce fuel burn dramatically."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan