Space tourism won`t hurt environment, says Branson
Melbourne: Richard Branson has said that his firm Virgin Galactic`s rocket-powered space tourism flights will have only a minor impact on the climate change.
The billionaire businessman said that his team reduced the carbon emission of somebody going into space from something like two weeks of New York`s electricity supply to less than the cost of a economy round-trip from Singapore to London, the Herald Sun reported.
He said that his new technology could dramatically reduce the carbon output and that is the challenge that his team have set.
Branson asserted that the SS2`s lightweight carbon-fibre body will also "reduce fuel burn dramatically."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray