SpaceX Dragon capsule docks at ISS
Washington: The SpaceX Dragon cargo capsule has successfully docked with the International Space Station a day late due to a temporary technical problem, NASA said.
The capsule was berthed Sunday to the Harmony module of the International Space Station.
"The hatch between the newly arrived spacecraft and the Harmony module of the space station is scheduled to be opened tomorrow (Monday)," NASA said.
Operating the Canadian-built robotic arm, US astronaut Kevin Ford grappled the privately-owned Dragon cargo ship.
The Dragon spacecraft is carrying 575 kg of supplies for the space station crew and for experiments being conducted aboard the orbiting laboratory.
The space freighter is to spend 22 days attached to the station.
During that time, astronauts will unload cargo and load the craft with 1,210 kg of Earth-bound experiment samples and equipment.
A Falcon 9 rocket with the Dragon blasted off from the Space Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida Friday. The docking was initially scheduled for Saturday, but was delayed due to the thruster failure.
Shortly after the launch, the spacecraft experienced a problem with its thruster pods used for orbital manoeuvres, but they were all fixed later and the spacecraft successfully performed a manoeuvre to raise its orbit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla