SpaceX Dragon capsule reaches space station
Cape Canaveral: The unmanned US cargo capsule, taking the first commercial delivery to the International Space Station (ISS), arrived at the space station, on Wednesday.
The commercial supply ship reached the International Space Station this morning after a two-and-half day flight from Cape Canaveral. The station crew used a robot arm to grab the SpaceX vessel, called Dragon.
It`s the first official delivery by the California-based SpaceX company under a USD 1.6 billion contract with NASA. The contract calls for 12 such shipments.
This newest Dragon holds 453 kilograms of groceries, clothes, science experiments and other gear, including ice cream for the three station residents. It will remain at the orbiting lab for nearly three weeks before departing with a full load.
Dragon is the only cargo ship capable of bringing back research and other items, filling a void left by NASA`s retired shuttles.
With Agency inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference