SpaceX Dragon capsule reaches space station
Cape Canaveral: The unmanned US cargo capsule, taking the first commercial delivery to the International Space Station (ISS), arrived at the space station, on Wednesday.
The commercial supply ship reached the International Space Station this morning after a two-and-half day flight from Cape Canaveral. The station crew used a robot arm to grab the SpaceX vessel, called Dragon.
It`s the first official delivery by the California-based SpaceX company under a USD 1.6 billion contract with NASA. The contract calls for 12 such shipments.
This newest Dragon holds 453 kilograms of groceries, clothes, science experiments and other gear, including ice cream for the three station residents. It will remain at the orbiting lab for nearly three weeks before departing with a full load.
Dragon is the only cargo ship capable of bringing back research and other items, filling a void left by NASA`s retired shuttles.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH