SpaceX `soft-lands` rocket back on earth for first time ever
London: A Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX) has achieved a space breakthrough by successfully soft-landing a Falcon-9 rocket .
The US company, which used the engines of the rocket to slow its fall, deployed a set of legs to make a "soft landing", the BBC reported.
The vehicle, which was launched from Cape Canaveral, had a stage that was vertical and had zero velocity on contact.
SpaceX`s chief designer Elon Musk said that no-one has ever soft-landed a liquid-rocket boost-stage before and he thinks this bodes well for achieving reusability.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH