Special arrangements to watch transit of Venus
Vadodara: Local institutions engaged in promotion of astronomy here have made arrangements for the people to watch the transit of Venus on June 6.
BRG group of Schools, Sardar Patel Planetarium of Vadodara Municipal Corporation, Gurudev Vedhshala, Sanskriti Astronomy and Nature Academy and Lok Vigyan Mandal have made arrangements for the people to watch the transition.
Urmi School run by BRG group of schools has installed seven imported solar telescopes on the rooftop.
Talking to newsmen here today, Divya Darshan Purohit, an astronomer and director at Sardar Patel Planetarium said, "on the morning of June 6, the Venus would move across the face of the Sun, the rarest of planetary alignment. It will begin Wednesday morning that won?t be seen again for 105 years."
People can watch the transit between 05.53 am and 10 am through the coelostat (special solar telescope) and telescopes on the roof top of Urmi school of BRG group which can accommodate 5000 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport