Stunning nighttime view of Mediterranean from space station – See pic
Expedition 46 flight engineer Tim Peake, who became the first ever Briton to have carried out a spacewalk outside the International Space Station (ISS), shared a stunning nighttime image of the Mediterranean taken 200 miles above the Earth.
Major Peake of the European Space Agency (ESA) shared this stunning nighttime photograph with his social media followers on January 25, 2016, writing, "Beautiful night pass over Italy, Alps and Mediterranean."
— Tim Peake (@astro_timpeake) January 25, 2016
Earlier, the astronaut also shared a series of aurora photos with his fans taken from the space station.
Peake, who is on his first mission, has been on the orbiting station for a little more than a month, performing experiments and representing the UK in space.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees