Sun`s magnetic field close to flipping
Washington: Scientists have said that the Sun`s magnetic field will flip soon.
They said that Sun`s northern hemisphere`s polarity has already flipped, and the southern hemisphere should reverse its polarity soon.
Every 11 years or so, Sun`s two hemispheres` magnetic field reverse s their polarity, which creates a ripple effect that can be felt throughout the solar system.
Scientists working at Stanford University`s Wilcox Solar Observatory said that the sun is going through one of those flips in its cycle.
Todd Hoeksema, a solar physicist at Stanford said in a video about the polarity reversal that the sun`s poles are reversing, and this is a large-scale process that takes place over a few months, but it happens once every 11 years.
He said that what they`re looking at is really a reversal of the whole heliosphere, everything from the sun out past the planets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!