Superstition and bad luck coincide: Friday the 13th has a full moon
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Are you superstitious? If yes, then this piece of information might interest you. Skygazers will witness a full moon on June 13 i.e. Friday. Not only is it Friday the 13th, but it is also a Full Moon.
It`s a rare incidence that has not been seen in 14 years. The last time this event occurred was in October 13, 2000.
The full moon took place precisely on Thursday at 10:11 p.m. MDT, but for the residents living in the Eastern Time Zone, it is full at 12:11 a.m. EDT, which means early on Friday the 13th!
Delhi will witness moon rise tonight at 7:30 pm.
What is the myth behind number 13?
The number 13th has always been regarded as an unlucky number. Arithmetically, the number 13 is incomplete because it is an odd number. Other theories also associate the unlucky myth derives from the Last Supper. And Friday is considered as unlucky, because the crucifixion of Jesus took place on the Friday. So, the clash of these superstitions make it a rare confluence.
Is it really an unlucky event?
One might come across a lot many stories related to this idea. But, the fact of the matter is that there is nothing spooky or superstitious about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?