Superstition and bad luck coincide: Friday the 13th has a full moon
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Are you superstitious? If yes, then this piece of information might interest you. Skygazers will witness a full moon on June 13 i.e. Friday. Not only is it Friday the 13th, but it is also a Full Moon.
It`s a rare incidence that has not been seen in 14 years. The last time this event occurred was in October 13, 2000.
The full moon took place precisely on Thursday at 10:11 p.m. MDT, but for the residents living in the Eastern Time Zone, it is full at 12:11 a.m. EDT, which means early on Friday the 13th!
Delhi will witness moon rise tonight at 7:30 pm.
What is the myth behind number 13?
The number 13th has always been regarded as an unlucky number. Arithmetically, the number 13 is incomplete because it is an odd number. Other theories also associate the unlucky myth derives from the Last Supper. And Friday is considered as unlucky, because the crucifixion of Jesus took place on the Friday. So, the clash of these superstitions make it a rare confluence.
Is it really an unlucky event?
One might come across a lot many stories related to this idea. But, the fact of the matter is that there is nothing spooky or superstitious about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?