Time Machine: New sky show at Birla Science Centre
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: An exclusive sky show, called “Time Machine” that takes viewers 14,000 years back in time, starting from the ice age to the dinosaur era, and also to the origin of the universe, was launched at the BM Birla Science Centre in Hyderabad on Saturday.
The 45-minute sky show, which was developed in six months, describes travel in a time machine and different landmarks of the universe.
The illustration tours through 1,200 year old ago civilizations in Egypt and Sumeria and a halt at the recently discovered Anatoria, a spot in south east Turkey (on the border of Iran and Iraq) near Syria, which will come as a surprise to many, said officials.
BG Sidharth, director, of the Birla Science Centre stated that the highlights of the show are the archaeological excavations including the sculpture of a Vedic priest, different statues and a Vedic calendar, early men, celestial secrets, significance of stars.
The time voyager also takes viewers to see lunar bases, alien planet explorations and finally ends with the end of the universe.
The basic aim of the show is to help the public understand the origin of life on earth and various civilisations and to motivate students to take interest in these matters, said Mr. Sidharth.
Currently, we are running seven shows in Telugu and English with no change in price (Rs 40 per individual and 50 per cent discount for schools). We will also be holding extra shows on weekends and holidays and start screening it in Hindi also,” added the director.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you