Time Machine: New sky show at Birla Science Centre
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: An exclusive sky show, called “Time Machine” that takes viewers 14,000 years back in time, starting from the ice age to the dinosaur era, and also to the origin of the universe, was launched at the BM Birla Science Centre in Hyderabad on Saturday.
The 45-minute sky show, which was developed in six months, describes travel in a time machine and different landmarks of the universe.
The illustration tours through 1,200 year old ago civilizations in Egypt and Sumeria and a halt at the recently discovered Anatoria, a spot in south east Turkey (on the border of Iran and Iraq) near Syria, which will come as a surprise to many, said officials.
BG Sidharth, director, of the Birla Science Centre stated that the highlights of the show are the archaeological excavations including the sculpture of a Vedic priest, different statues and a Vedic calendar, early men, celestial secrets, significance of stars.
The time voyager also takes viewers to see lunar bases, alien planet explorations and finally ends with the end of the universe.
The basic aim of the show is to help the public understand the origin of life on earth and various civilisations and to motivate students to take interest in these matters, said Mr. Sidharth.
Currently, we are running seven shows in Telugu and English with no change in price (Rs 40 per individual and 50 per cent discount for schools). We will also be holding extra shows on weekends and holidays and start screening it in Hindi also,” added the director.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP