UFO `captured on film` in Chile
London: A video from Chile captures an unusual flying object during an air-show.
The footage, from 2010, appears to show a ‘spot’ moving quickly from frame to frame, causing the engineer who spotted the aberration enough alarm that he alerted the Chilean Government.
The UFO made an appearance during an acrobatic air-show at the El Bosque Air Force Base in Santiago, and apparently went unnoticed at the time.
“This is a very, very unusual case, and I’m hoping that this case will help move forward the recognition that there really is something here that’s worthy of further study,” the Daily Mail quoted investigative journalist and UFO author Leslie Kean as telling MSN’s Cosmic Log.
“It has the possibility of being a breakthrough case,” Kean said.
She said that CEFAA, the government agency which investigates strange air phenomena, found the object on seven separate pieces of video tape, which implies the object - whatever it is - is not an aberration on the video tape.
Ricardo Bermudez, CEFAA’s director, told a UFO conference last month that the spots were caused by an object travelling at speeds in excess of 4,000 mph.
Kean picked out a few elements that make this sighting a little special, in particular that the Government investigated the footage so thoroughly, and found examples of the object on seven pieces of film.
However, while she suggested the case could become “the case UFO sceptics have been dreading”, cynics were left unperturbed.
“It’s a tiny thing in a low-res video… If this is the best she [Kean] can come up with, dread is not exactly what I feel,” astronomer Phil Plai told Cosmic Log.
Cosmic Log said that, for independent research to take place, the other six videos must be released, as well as details about the camera-men, and their relationship to each, in order to ascertain if a hoax had been carried out.
Other explanations could be an insect flying past the camera which, if close enough, can appear like a distant object flying at speed.
Kean said that went back to the CEFAA official regarding the bugs.
“He said that’s what they all thought at first when they got the first film,” she said.
“But when they went and got additional footage from very different vantage points which showed the same thing, they knew that was impossible.
“I don’t think they’re that stupid to claim this is a UFO if it was a bug, given that so many experts looked at it,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February