UFO sighted over central Melbourne skyline
Melbourne: A Melbourne man claims he has captured footage of UFO hovering across the city skyline.
Tod, who did not want his surname published, said he captured the footage on his phone after he first saw the object hovering over Carlton Gardens about 9.30pm last night.
Other witnesses have reported seeing it as early as 7.30pm.
Tod said the object left the Carlton Gardens area about 11pm, flying past the Immigration Museum.
“It was moving like no other flying object that I’m aware exists, and it was displaying amazing patterns of lights that looked something like a light show display in the sky,” the Courier Mail quoted him as saying.
“I was on Lygon St when I first saw it then I walked up to Carlton Gardens, there were a whole bunch of other people saw it as well,” he said.
But Astronomical Society of Victoria spokesman Perry Vlahos said it was unlikely the object was anything extraordinary.
“Something that has been around that long and not seen by astronomers is probably unlikely to be anything odd,” he said.
“The fact it was in the sky for that long probably indicates it was something not too unusual,” he said.
But other witnesses have described seeing other UFOs in the area.
Carlton resident Penny De La Soyo said she was shocked after seeing a “weird formation” of lights from the balcony of her 9th floor apartment.
De La Soyo said the formation passed her home about 10.15pm.
The sightings comes less than a week after a western suburbs man captured an eight minute video of a fast-moving disc-shaped object descending and ascending high above his Albanvale house.
The man, known only as Ivan, said a neighbour called him outside to witness the spectacle, both looking on in astonishment.
“I have dismissed a lot of things thinking of what it could be. But I am left with very little other than to think it is something unearthly,” Ivan said.
Ivan said the object lingered in the sky for around an hour and changed colour - switching between green, red and blue - and for several seconds at a time disappeared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender