UFOs to appear in 2011-12: Chinese astronomer
Beijing: Unidentified flying objects (UFO) may appear in 2011 or 2012, a Chinese astronomer has predicted.
Wang Sichao, an astronomy and minor planet scholar, made the forecast under recently-heated speculations about UFOs, as some unidentified flying objects have been spotted in several Chinese regions of Zhejiang, Hunan, Chongqing and Xinjiang since last month, the China Daily reported.
A UFO spotted in Zhejiang`s provincial capital of Hangzhou disrupted air traffic over east China for an hour in early July. Some media reports said the UFO might have been a private aircraft, because of the increasing number of privately owned aircraft.
As for what British cosmological physicist Stephen Hawking claimed about aliens in April this year, saying "an alien encounter could have bad consequences for humans and earth had better watch out", Wang called it too early to make a conclusion.
Wang also urged scientists to design and create more advanced and agile telescopes in order to observe the unidentified flying objects that usually turn up on occasion, often for only seconds at a time, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Will pursue agenda of political resolution, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Section 144 imposed in Agartala after clashes over separate tribal state, 20 injured
- 22 persons killed, over 23 lakh affected in Bihar floods
- India highest recipient of H-1B visas with almost 70% share: US
- Greece says at least 41,000 asylum seekers on its territory