UK publishes more secret files on 800 UFO encounters
London: British national archive on Monday
released 4,000 pages of secret files, documenting 800 alleged
UFO encounters between 1980s and 1990s.
Over the past three years the Ministry of Defence has
been gradually releasing previously secret UFO papers after
facing Freedom of Information demands.
The National Archives released the government`s secret
file on the "Rendlesham Forest Incident" of December 1980, one
of UK`s most famous Unidentified Flying Objects sightings.
The Rendlesham file documents the first hand account
of US Air Force Lt Col Charles Halt`s of the event. The file
includes the observations of a UK government investigation and
a letter from a former defense chief asking officials to take
UFOs more seriously, local media reports said.
Halt said in his report that two servicemen had
noticed "unusual lights" in the woods outside the gates of RAF
Woodbridge, a US base in eastern England. He wrote that "a
strange glowing object" in the forest was seen by a patrolman.
The metallic, triangular object "illuminated the
entire forest with a white light," he wrote.
Investigators, found depressions in the ground and
unusual radiation readings, the next day. That night many
people, including Halt himself saw a pulsing "red sun-like
light" in the trees that broke into five white objects and
disappeared, according to local media reports.
The British Ministry of Defence could offer no
definitive explanation for what the Air Force officers had
reported seeing, but also found no evidence of "any threat to
the defence of the United Kingdom."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men