US space firm successfully relaunches rocket
Washington: The US space firm Blue Origin said it has again successfully launched its suborbital rocket New Shepard, the very same space vehicle that flew outside the special boundary of 100-km altitude and safely landed back on Earth last November.
This time, the unmanned New Shepard reached an altitude of 101.7 km before its crew capsule and booster returned to Earth for recovery and reuse at its launch site in western Texas in the southern US on Friday, Xinhua cited the company as saying in a video statement.
"The first rocket to fly above the Karman line and then land vertically upon the Earth... is now the first to have done it twice," said the company.
In preparation for Friday's re-flight, Blue Origin replaced the crew capsule parachutes as well as the pyro igniters, conducted functional and avionic examinations, and made several improvements to the software.
Jeff Bezos, who founded Blue Origin in 2000, said on Friday that currently his company is also developing its own orbital vehicle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read