Venus and Jupiter cuddling up in night sky
Florida: It`s not too late to catch the spectacular Venus and Jupiter show.
On Monday and Tuesday evenings, the planets will appear just 3 degrees apart in the western sky. The gap has been narrowing since last month.
The two planets are visible every night at twilight. Venus is brighter because of its relative closeness, compared with super-far-away Jupiter.
Even though the gap will widen, the planets will appear remarkably close all week and be easily visible the rest of this month. So says astronomer Tony Phillips, author of the spaceweather.com website. Grab a small telescope, and you can also catch Jupiter`s four largest moons.
Astronomers consider it the best evening tag-up of Venus and Jupiter in years. In July, early-risers will be treated to a similar spectacle, in the eastern sky at daybreak. Phillips says throw in the crescent moon, and it "will be worth waking up for."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Sonakshi Sinha does not believe in gender discrimination!
- SALUTE! This boy from UP's Mainpuri has no arms but secured 71.8% in 10th board exams - WATCH interview
- Now pay your medical insurance premium in EMIs
- Venkaiah Naidu lauds Sonia Gandhi, says without her Congress would have disintegrated
- Six terrorists killed in Algeria