Venus and Moon pairing up on Jan 26
Mumbai: On the evening of January 26, there will be a `pairing` of the Moon and Venus, the Nehru Centre said today.
"These days, soon after it gets dark after the sunset, Venus can be seen shining brilliantly above the western horizon," Arvind Paranjpye, Director of Nehru Planetarium, Nehru Centre, said.
"On January 26, Venus will be joined by thin crescent moon to its right. What is more, when a thin lunar crescent is visible in the sky, one can also see the part of the moon not
directly illuminated by sunlight, but the sunlight reflected back by the earth," he said.
"This is sometimes referred to as `old moon in new moon`s arms`," he said.
However, events like this one are by no means a rare phenomenon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?