Venus and Moon pairing up on Jan 26
Mumbai: On the evening of January 26, there will be a `pairing` of the Moon and Venus, the Nehru Centre said today.
"These days, soon after it gets dark after the sunset, Venus can be seen shining brilliantly above the western horizon," Arvind Paranjpye, Director of Nehru Planetarium, Nehru Centre, said.
"On January 26, Venus will be joined by thin crescent moon to its right. What is more, when a thin lunar crescent is visible in the sky, one can also see the part of the moon not
directly illuminated by sunlight, but the sunlight reflected back by the earth," he said.
"This is sometimes referred to as `old moon in new moon`s arms`," he said.
However, events like this one are by no means a rare phenomenon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city