Venus and Moon pairing up on Jan 26
Mumbai: On the evening of January 26, there will be a `pairing` of the Moon and Venus, the Nehru Centre said today.
"These days, soon after it gets dark after the sunset, Venus can be seen shining brilliantly above the western horizon," Arvind Paranjpye, Director of Nehru Planetarium, Nehru Centre, said.
"On January 26, Venus will be joined by thin crescent moon to its right. What is more, when a thin lunar crescent is visible in the sky, one can also see the part of the moon not
directly illuminated by sunlight, but the sunlight reflected back by the earth," he said.
"This is sometimes referred to as `old moon in new moon`s arms`," he said.
However, events like this one are by no means a rare phenomenon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!