Watch: `Dance` of the planets from May 24 to 30
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Astronomy lovers will have another eye-catching pleasure this week as three planets - Venus, Jupiter and Mercury - will come very close to each other in a planetary conjunction.
Called “dance” of the planets, the beautiful cosmic choreography will be seen immediately after sunset, followed by their vertical alignment on May 30 and 31 in the evening sky.
Everyone will have the opportunity to view this rare celestial event, which will be participated by three of our solar systems - Venus, Mercury and Jupiter. The dance will play itself out near the horizon in the West-North part of the sky.
The phenomenon will take place from May 24 to 30 and can be seen with naked eye each night. However, binoculars will be the best tool to observe Jupiter as it makes a remarkable appearance this month. After this event, the planets will slowly move behind the sun and will disappear by nightfall.
The planets Jupiter and Venus and the moon started to group on May 13 in the western part of the night sky. As the date May 23 draws near, the bright planets Jupiter and Venus will be close enough to fall under a binocular field of view. By May 28, they will come very close to each other.
Subsequently, Venus will move in a north-westerly (to the upper right) direction with respect to Jupiter and will be six times as bright as Jupiter.
While the best time to view the conjunction would be 30 to 60 minutes after the sunset, from May 23 to 29, Jupiter, Venus and Mercury will unite to a space of less than 5 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly