Watch for total lunar eclipse before dawn on December 21
Washington: Skygazers will be treated to a total lunar eclipse before dawn Tuesday, Dec. 21.
According to the editors of StarDate magazine, as Earth’s long shadow falls across the Moon, the part in the shadow will turn dark. It will look as though a chunk were missing from the Moon.
About 70 minutes later, the shadow will completely cover the Moon, an event known as “totality.” This will last for more than an hour, then the shadow will exit the Moon’s opposite side over another hour or so.
The entire event will last about 3.5 hours and can be seen from coast to coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing