Watch Moon meet Venus on February 26
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Skygazers are in for a treat as the thin crescent moon will pair closely with Venus on Wednesday, February 26, morning. The event is one of the best celestial events of 2014.
Starting from Tuesday onwards, the moon will edge towards the Venus, eclipsing it completely by Wednesday morning.
This celestial event is known the ‘Lunar Occultation of Venus’.
Occultation refers to an event when one celestial body passes in front of another and in this process, hides another one behind it.
Earlier, lunar occultations of Venus by Moon occurred in 2013.
South Asia, China and Korea, along with the Australian and African continents, will see the occultation occur in the dawn sky before sunrise.
In India, it is possible to watch this Lunar Occultation during the daylight hours on February 26.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India